Movers Roundup: Darden Restaurants, MGM Mirage
Among the stock activity stories for Wednesday, March 18, from AP Financial News:
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Investors celebrated some rare good news in the restaurant sector on Wednesday, boosting shares of Darden Restaurants Inc. after the owner of the Olive Garden and Red Lobster brands reported better-than-expected fiscal third-quarter results and raised its outlook for the year.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of MGM Mirage dropped Wednesday following lackluster fourth-quarter results, as some analysts focused on how the casino operator might be able to dig out from under its liquidity troubles.
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) ¿ Shares of Schawk Inc. plunged more than one-third Wednesday, a day after the provider of digital imaging services said it expects to post an operating loss of $30 million to $40 million for 2008.HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) ¿ Shares of Sherwin-Williams Co. fell Wednesday as an analyst downgraded the paint maker, saying demand will continue to be weak in its contractor business and high costs at its store-based business model.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV