Telular Supplies Wireless Terminals To Arbitron
CHICAGO (AP) ¿ Telular Corp. said Wednesday that Arbitron Inc. has chosen its fixed cellular terminals to collect audience ratings from people without landline phones.
Arbitron seeks to increase the participation of youth and members of ethnic groups who only use cell phones. Telular said its terminals connect with Arbitron's Portable People Meter to transmit audience measurement data over cellular networks.
The Portable People Meter is a cell-phone size device worn by survey participants that tracks where and when they watch TV, listen to radio and interact with other forms of media. The device detects inaudible codes embedded in content being watched or heard.
The codes are extracted after it's placed in a docking station, and sent to a central computer but using phone lines. Chicago-based Telular's terminals let Arbitron use the device even in households that don't have landlines.Columbia, Md.-based Arbitron measures network and local market radio audiences. Telular's products provide remote access for voice and data. Shares of Telular fell 8 cents to $1.60 in midday trading, while Arbitron rose 11 cents to $13.14.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV