Refiner Valero To Obtain 7 VeraSun Plants
The Florida biorefinery would produce 36 million gallons a year from sugarcane and other plant waste.
And ethanol producer Aventine Renewable Energy Holdings Inc. said late Monday it may need to seek bankruptcy protection if it cannot raise sufficient cash in the very near-term.
The Pekin, Illinois-based company said it does not expect to have enough cash to satisfy a $15 million interest payment due April 1 or to pay $24.4 million due to its engineering and construction contractor.
VeraSun Energy Corp. owns 16 biorefineries with the total capacity to produce 1.4 billion gallons of ethanol annually, or about 13 percent of the country's total capacity.Secured lenders submitted successful credit bids for the remaining VeraSun facilities. A group of lenders led by AgStar Financial Services submitted a credit bid of $324 million for Verasun plants that were part of its buyout of US BioEnergy Corp. They include biorefineries in Central City, Nebraska; Ord, Nebraska; Dyersville, Iowa; Hankinson, North Dakota; Janesville, Minnesota; and Woodbury, Michigan. Dougherty Funding LLC submitted a credit bid of $93 million for a plant in Marion, South Dakota, and a group of lenders led by West LB AG successfully bid $99 million for plants in Bloomingburg, Ohio and Linden, Ind., obtained in its purchase of Dallas-based ASAlliances Biofuels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV