MYR Group Shares Rise On Stimulus Speculation
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) ¿ Shares of MYR Group Inc. rose Tuesday as two analysts said they see profit at the construction services company moving higher than Wall Street estimates this year and next.
Analyst Alex Rygiel of FBR Capital Markets, citing federal stimulus money as a boon to MYR Group, said in a note to investors he believes earnings will be $1 per share for 2009. He reiterated his "Outperform" rating and $21 price target.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expect the Rolling Meadows, Ill., company to earn 95 cents per share in 2009.
"We continue to believe that the company is well positioned to benefit from the stimulus plan and President Obama's focus on renewable energy and infrastructure," Rygiel said.Spending priorities by the Barack Obama administration and Congress may "create additional catalysts for investment" in electric transmission, he said. In addition, legislation giving the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission more authority to plan, locate and permit power facilities "may significantly enhance the longer-term opportunities" for MYR Group, Rygiel said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV