Ahead Of The Bell: Analyst Raises Kohl's To 'Buy'
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ A Jefferies & Co. analyst raised his rating on Kohl's Corp. to "Buy" on Tuesday, citing the company's efforts to manage inventory and hold down Wall Street's expectations, as well as reduced competition from rival department stores.
Analyst Daniel Binder raised the company's rating to "Buy" from "Hold" and boosted his price target to $44, from $35 to $37.
"The company arguably managed inventories better than any retailer in our space last year," Binder said.
He also expects the Menomonee Falls, Wis.-based company to benefit from the liquidation of Hayward, Calif.-based Mervyns LLC, which operated nearly 150 department stores."New store productivity still looks a soft, but is reflective of the environment and slower square footage growth next year should help," Binder said. "Meanwhile Kohl's has shown strong relative sales growth in the industry." Binder added that Kohl's may also beat its gross margin guidance this year due in part to an increasing mix of private label products. Tuesday, Binder also upgraded his ratings on Home Depot Inc., Lowe's Cos., Costco Wholesale Corp., Target Corp., Best Buy Co. and United Stationers Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV