Winners and Losers: AgFeed
Updated from 2:35 p.m. ET
Ag Feed Industries (FEED) shares soared 61% Monday after the company announced its full-year profit more than doubled.
Shares were up 66 cents to $1.74 after the China-based company, which makes animal feed and pork products, said its hog-production capacity saw a big increase. AgFeed posted a 2008 profit of $16.9 million, or 53 cents per share, up from $6.7 million, or 25 cents per share, in 2007.
Shares of WSP Holdings (WH), a China-based maker of tubular products used in oil and gas exploration, were up 27%, or 61 cents to $2.91 Monday after the company announced it would pay a 30-cent divided per U.S. American depositary share and a one-time special cash dividend of 45 cents per ADS out of its annual profits for the years ended Dec. 31, 2007 and Dec. 31, 2008.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV