Earnings Roundup: Charter Communications, PMI
Among the earnings stories for Monday, March 16, from AP Financial News:
ST. LOUIS (AP) ¿ Charter Communications Inc., the nation's fourth-largest cable operator, said Monday its loss for the fourth quarter widened from a year ago and one of its subsidiaries, CCH II LLC, will not make a scheduled interest payment on some of its debt.
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (AP) ¿ The mortgage insurer PMI Group Inc. said Monday that its fourth-quarter loss narrowed to $178.8 million as it recorded fewer charges than a year ago, but its U.S. mortgage business struggled amid the ongoing housing downturn and results missed analysts' estimates.
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) ¿ Auto-parts supplier Dana Holding Corp. said Monday its fourth-quarter loss widened slightly, on a plunge in sales stemming from the continued drop-off in new vehicle production and unfavorable changes in currency exchange rates.DALLAS (AP) ¿ Furmanite Corp. said Monday its profit climbed 50 percent in the fourth quarter as sales improved despite the stronger dollar's negative effect. WOODLANDS, Texas (AP) ¿ Biotechnology company Repros Therapeutics Inc. said Monday its fourth-quarter loss widened on higher spending for the development of Proellex.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV