Astellas to End Bid for CV Therapeutics
Astellas Pharma plans to terminate its bid of $16 a share for CV Therapeutics (CVTX).
The move by the Japanese drug maker follows news Thursday that Gilead Sciences (GILD) reached an agreement to acquire CV Therapeutics in a $1.4 billion cash deal. The acquisition values CV Therapeutics at $20 a share.
In a statement Monday, Astellas said it also won't propose directors for the board of CV Therapeutics or make any other proposals at the company's annual meeting.
"Astellas is a disciplined acquirer and does not see value for Astellas stockholders in CV Therapeutics at the price level of the sale announced on (Thursday)," Astellas said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV