TheStreet.com's CEO to Leave Company
TheStreet.com (TSCM), a leading online financial media company and the publisher of this Web site, announced today that CEO Thomas J. Clarke, Jr. will leave the company.
Daryl Otte, a member of TheStreet.com's board of directors since 2001, will serve as interim CEO until a permanent replacement is named, the company said in a release.
Jim Cramer, chairman and cofounder of TheStreet.com, said in the release: "I want to thank Tom for his long-time service to the company and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors."
Otte, 47, is a founding partner of Montefiore Partners, a venture capital investment fund management firm. Prior to founding Montefiore Partners in 2000, Otte was senior vice president and member of the executive committee of Ziff-Davis. During his service at Ziff-Davis, Otte initiated and managed acquisitions and development projects and venture investments, including some of the early commercialization efforts of the Internet.A committee of TheStreet.com's board members, led by Otte, has begun a search for a new CEO, the company said. TheStreet.com's stock closed last night at $2.05 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV