Looking to trim your exchange-traded fund positions? Here are 25 sell-worthy options.
TheStreet.com Ratings has graded these funds E-minus, the lowest mark we give. Nine of them invest in energy and natural resources, the largest industry grouping.
The worst-rated fund, the Claymore/SWM Canadian Energy Income Index ETF (ENY), has fallen 69% in the past year, the fourth-biggest loss of the group. The fund suffered after the price of West Texas intermediate crude oil crashed to less than $45 a barrel after topping $140 in June. Its top two holdings, Enerplus Resources Fund (ERF) and Penn West Energy Trust (PWE) have each declined 21% this year. Together, they account for 16% of the fund's assets.
TheStreet.com Ratings relies on a quantitative model to evaluate a fund's risk-adjusted performance and assign a grade. Grades of D or less amount to "sell" recommendations.There are also "reward" and "risk" grades, which reflect a fund's performance and volatility. The ETFs below earned the lowest "overall" ratings, the worst combination of the two components. To view the top-rated funds, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV