Earnings Roundup: Preformed Line Products, Imax
Among the earnings stories for Thursday, March 12, from AP Financial News:
MAYFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio (AP) ¿ Preformed Line Products Co., which makes products for communications and energy networks, said Thursday its fourth-quarter profit grew 49 percent despite a decline in revenue due to the impact of currency exchange rates.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Imax Corp., which makes large-screen movie systems, said Thursday its fiscal fourth-quarter loss narrowed as its costs shrunk, but adjusted results missed analysts' estimates and sent the stock lower.
ROSEVILLE, Calif. (AP) ¿ SureWest Communications on Thursday reported that its fourth-quarter loss widened from a year ago, as higher operating and interest costs outpaced growth in revenue that mainly came from an acquisition.ATLANTA (AP) ¿ Consumer-guide publisher Primedia Inc. posted a fourth-quarter profit Thursday, reversing a year-ago loss, boosted by an income tax benefit and lower costs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV