Preformed Line Posts Higher Profit In 4Q
MAYFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio (AP) ¿ Preformed Line Products Co., which makes products for communications and energy networks, said Thursday its fourth-quarter profit grew 49 percent despite a decline in revenue due to the impact of currency exchange rates.
The company earned $2.8 million, or 52 cents a share, in the three months ended Dec. 31. That compares with a profit of $1.9 million, or 34 cents a share, in the prior-year period.
Net sales slipped to $60.6 million from $62.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2007.
For the full year, Preformed Line's net income rose 24 percent to $17.6 million, or $3.30 a share, versus $14.2 million, or $2.61 a share in 2007. Revenue for the period grew 16 percent to $269.7 million.The company's shares added 70 cents, or 2.1 percent, to $33.98 during afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV