With an estimated net worth of $40 billion (down $18 billion over the past 12 months), Microsoft (MSFT) chairman Bill Gates is now the world's richest man, according to Forbes' latest ranking of the world's billionaires. (Last year's top billionaire, Warren Buffett fell to second place, with an estimated net worth of $37 billion.)
So where does Gates put his money to work in the stock market?
Here are a few of Gates' largest holdings via Cascade Investments, his private investment vehicle.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV