FDA Approves Female Health's Women's Condom
"Today's approval of FC2 ¿ a lower-cost, second-generation female condom ¿ is an important development in efforts to deliver affordable access to woman-initiated HIV prevention in the United States and around the world," said Mary Ann Leeper, FHC's senior strategic adviser.
The World Health Organization reviewed the scientific data and cleared the second-generation condom for purchase by UN agencies in 2006, FHC said. Since then, more than 23 million FC2 Female Condoms have been distributed in 77 countries.
Female Health shares jumped 53 cents, or 17.4 percent, to $3.58 in afternoon trading. The stock has traded between $1.76 and $4.60 during the past 52 weeks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV