FDA Approves Female Health's Women's Condom
"Today's approval of FC2 ¿ a lower-cost, second-generation female condom ¿ is an important development in efforts to deliver affordable access to woman-initiated HIV prevention in the United States and around the world," said Mary Ann Leeper, FHC's senior strategic adviser.
The World Health Organization reviewed the scientific data and cleared the second-generation condom for purchase by UN agencies in 2006, FHC said. Since then, more than 23 million FC2 Female Condoms have been distributed in 77 countries.
Female Health shares jumped 53 cents, or 17.4 percent, to $3.58 in afternoon trading. The stock has traded between $1.76 and $4.60 during the past 52 weeks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV