Earnings Roundup: AAON, Staples
Among the earnings stories for Wednesday, March 11, from AP Financial News:
TULSA, Okla. (AP) ¿ Rooftop air conditioner and heater maker AAON Inc. said Wednesday fourth quarter profit climbed by nearly one-third on lower revenue due to higher volume and improved productivity.
CHICAGO (AP) ¿ Customers who shied away from buying expensive office furniture and gadgets helped drag down results at Staples Inc., which posted a 14 percent drop in fourth-quarter profit and missed Wall Street expectations.
KEARNEY, Neb. (AP) ¿ Buckle Inc. said Wednesday that its profit rose 18 percent in the fiscal fourth quarter as teens continued to snap up its trendy jeans and accessories, and shares rose 5 percent.NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Shares of Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd. rose Wednesday after the company reported a narrowed fourth-quarter loss on surging product sales. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Luxury merchant Neiman Marcus Inc.'s chairman and chief executive told investors Wednesday that the company is working with its top brands to lower some prices while it slashes inventories to respond to sharp spending cutbacks among its wealthy customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV