Updated from 2:36 p.m. EDT
The transportation industry was enjoying a strong session Wednesday as several trucking and airline stocks were rallying on good news regarding inventory and an economic recovery.
Shares of YRC Worldwide (YRCW) jumped 44.5% after the company said that low business inventories will result in a boon for trucking names once the economy recovers. "There is no inventory anywhere," CEO Phil Zollars said during an analyst conference, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV