Plastics Maker Spartech Suspends Cash Dividend
ST. LOUIS (AP) ¿ Spartech Corp., which makes plastic sheet materials, said Wednesday that the board has suspended the company's regular cash dividend to give it more financial flexibility to reduce debt and continue making investments.
"Coupled with the decisive actions we have taken to reduce costs, reposition our manufacturing footprint, invest in our infrastructure and enhance revenues, the dividend suspension will help to further our efforts to build a stronger and more competitive company for our shareholders," said President and Chief Executive Myles Odaniell in a statement.
The company last paid its 5-cent regular quarterly dividend on Feb. 5.
Spartech shares gained 1 cent to $1.62 in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV