Plastics Maker Spartech Suspends Cash Dividend
ST. LOUIS (AP) ¿ Spartech Corp., which makes plastic sheet materials, said Wednesday that the board has suspended the company's regular cash dividend to give it more financial flexibility to reduce debt and continue making investments.
"Coupled with the decisive actions we have taken to reduce costs, reposition our manufacturing footprint, invest in our infrastructure and enhance revenues, the dividend suspension will help to further our efforts to build a stronger and more competitive company for our shareholders," said President and Chief Executive Myles Odaniell in a statement.
The company last paid its 5-cent regular quarterly dividend on Feb. 5.
Spartech shares gained 1 cent to $1.62 in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV