Updated from 1:39 p.m. ET
Best Buy (BBY) led shares of electronics retailers higher on Tuesday after a couple of analysts issued favorable notes on the shares in light of the demise of Circuit City.
Best Buy shares were up 13.5%, or $3.34, to $28.07.
Jack Murphy of William Blair & Co. said that efforts to reduce operating expenses and capital spending should offset weaker consumer demand. Murphy raised his rating outperform from market perform.Bradley B. Thomas of KeyBanc Capital Markets said the company "remains a core retail holding and one of the best positioned retailers to outperform in 2009 as sales benefit from market share gains from Circuit City." He rates Best Buy a buy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV