I have put both my foot and my money in my mouth. I went on investment "tilt" and ended up being the patsy at the poker table. I should have taken my own advice when I said that "it takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."
-- Warren E. Buffett is the chief executive of Berkshire Hathaway, a diversified holding company.
-- Douglas A. Kass is President of Seabreeze Partners Management, Inc. the General Partner of Seabreeze Partners Short LP and Seabreeze Partners Long/Short LP.
Doug Kass writes daily for RealMoney Silver, a premium bundle service from TheStreet.com. For a free trial to RealMoney Silver and exclusive access to Mr. Kass's daily trading diary, please click here.
Know What You Own: Other financial sector stocks in the Berkshire Hathaway portfolio include M&T Bank (MTB), Torchmark (TMK) and SunTrust Banks (STI). For more on the value of knowing what you own, visit TheStreet.com's Investing A-to-Z section.
How you can survive -- and even prosper -- in a rocky midyear market? Get the "best ideas to make real money" from Jim Cramer, Doug Kass, Helene Meisler and other RealMoney experts at our May 2 Investment Conference. Learn more here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV