Updated from 7:03 a.m. EDT
The employment data, although grim, was at least expected. But that didn't stop the market from getting hammered all day Friday before finally recovering into positive territory by the close.
It will be very interesting on Monday to see if investors show any follow-through to Friday's late rally.
General Motors (GM) shares hit a 75-year low, and most other stocks showed little strength. Positive news is hard to come by, but many investors are looking for a sharp bounce given the oversold conditions.Will we see this bounce anytime soon? With this in mind, we thought we'd take a look at some of the stocks people have been searching for on TheStreet.com, including Google (GOOG) and UPS (UPS), and see what Jim Cramer's had to say about them lately. To read more, visit Stockpickr.com.
In Monday trading, shares of Google closed at $290.89 (down 5.73%). Who's on Stockpickr Answers next? Dan Fitzpatrick will be on Stockpickr Answers on Tuesday, March 10 to respond to investing and trading questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community. Not a member? Join the Stockpickr community today -- free.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV