Updated from 7:03 a.m. EDT
The employment data, although grim, was at least expected. But that didn't stop the market from getting hammered all day Friday before finally recovering into positive territory by the close.
It will be very interesting on Monday to see if investors show any follow-through to Friday's late rally.
General Motors (GM) shares hit a 75-year low, and most other stocks showed little strength. Positive news is hard to come by, but many investors are looking for a sharp bounce given the oversold conditions.Will we see this bounce anytime soon? With this in mind, we thought we'd take a look at some of the stocks people have been searching for on TheStreet.com, including Google (GOOG) and UPS (UPS), and see what Jim Cramer's had to say about them lately. To read more, visit Stockpickr.com.
In Monday trading, shares of Google closed at $290.89 (down 5.73%). Who's on Stockpickr Answers next? Dan Fitzpatrick will be on Stockpickr Answers on Tuesday, March 10 to respond to investing and trading questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community. Not a member? Join the Stockpickr community today -- free.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV