Earnings roundup: Toll Brothers, PetSmart
Among the earnings stories for Wednesday, March 4, from AP Financial News:
UNDATED (AP) ¿ Toll Brothers Inc., the nation's largest builder of luxury homes, reported on Wednesday it cut its loss in the fiscal first quarter by slashing expenses, but saw sales drop by half despite creative incentives for buyers.
PHOENIX, Ariz. (AP) ¿ Pet supplies retailer PetSmart Inc. said Wednesday its profit edged up 4 percent in the fiscal fourth quarter as both merchandise and service sales increased.
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Weight Watchers International Inc. said Wednesday fiscal fourth-quarter profit rose, boosted by a one-time benefit.PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) ¿ Shoppers looking to warehouse clubs for deals on groceries buoyed food sales at Costco Wholesale Corp. and BJ's Wholesale Club Inc., but both companies said Wednesday that sales of other items kept sliding in the downturn. NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Liz Claiborne Inc. predicted Wednesday that it will keep losing money in the first half of the year as it confronts a severe pullback in consumer spending. The downbeat outlook sent shares down more than 11 percent, even though its fourth-quarter adjusted losses were smaller than analysts expected.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV