What's Hot, What's Not and SmartStops
In December almost $5 billion worth of these leveraged shares were traded making them the third most popular ETF -- behind only the SPY and QQQQ ETFs. The fund shares, which go short in financial stocks and move inversely with the market, have more than doubled in the last two months.
The ProShares Fund seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index. The Fund seeks capital appreciation.
Industry: Computer Hardware
Recent High: On Feb. 9, SNX hit a high of $17.98
Price on March 4: $14.69
Current SmartStops exit alert: $13.65
Shares of this normally quiet stock -- 3-year Beta of 0.79 -- more than doubled in two months ended Feb. 9. Last month TheStreet.com upgraded the stock from a Hold to a Buy.
Synnex is a business process services company which offers a range of services to original equipment manufacturers, software publishers and reseller customers worldwide.What's Not So Hot!
Satyam Computer Services (SAY)
Industry: Business Services
Recent High: On Jan. 6, SNX hit a high of $9.46
Recent Low: On Jan. 12, SNX had a low of $0.78
Price on March 4: $1.31
Current SmartStops exit alert: $1.15
This outsourcing firm is based in India and has been involved in a billion dollar scandal involving accounting fraud. Company executives have been accused of inflating the number of employees and then stealing the employee payroll. As might be expected this news resulted in a temporary halt in trading for several days and then there was a huge gap down when trading resumed. It should be noted that SmartStops.net gave a timely warning to unload the shares at $8.77 just two days before the trading halt and the gap down to $1.14.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV