Updated from 4:04 p.m. ET
Aluminum makers were tarnished on Thursday after the Chinese government didn't announce as big a stimulus package as expected.
Since June 2008, aluminum has fallen to 62 cents a pound from about $1.50.Charles Bradford of Bradford Research said analysts could be reducing their first-quarter forecasts for Alcoa as the quarter ends. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expect Alcoa to lose 38 cents a share in the quarter. Century Aluminum (CENX) was down 20% or 30 cents to $1.20, and Kaiser Aluminum (KALU) fell 15.3% or $3.02 to $16.74. Aluminum Corp. of China (ACH) saw its American depositary shares fall 8.9% or $1.19 to $12.12. Shares of Tredegar (TG) fell 98 cents or 6.2% to $14.94. The company on Thursday announced a 4-cent-a-share dividend.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV