Hopefully, by day three, other corporations would voluntarily catch on by making a public commitment to cease reducing workforces, and, in the fullness of time, the proposal would be adopted by many more.
Consider the positive effect of my proposal on consumer confidence.
It would be mind-boggling.
TheStreet.com has a revenue-sharing relationship with Amazon.com under which it receives a portion of the revenue from Amazon purchases by customers directed there from TheStreet.com.
Know What You Own: Berkshire Hathaway holds large stakes in stocks such as Wesco Financial (WSC), Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNI), Moody's (MCO), Washington Post (WPO) and USG Corporation (USG). For more on the value of knowing what you own, visit TheStreet.com's Investing A-to-Z section.
How you can survive -- and even prosper -- in a rocky midyear market? Get the "best ideas to make real money" from Jim Cramer, Doug Kass, Helene Meisler and other RealMoney experts at our May 2 Investment Conference. Learn more here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV