Updated from 12:28 p.m. EST
Some questioned decisions that BofA has made or were angry at the company or Lewis. Others were confused about aspects of the article, or angry at TheStreet.com for publishing it. We're giving them a platform to express these opinions, and for us to respond, through our reader mailbag.
The BofA BullsDave A. wrote in to say he believes Bank of America is solid, with little exposure to risky mortgage assets because of government funding and a heap of revenue. He doesn't think the bad assets from the Countrywide or Merrill Lynch deals are significant enough to hurt BofA results in 2009 and believes that rampant criticism is "driving this market into the ground." "Get a clue," writes Dave. "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV