Shipping Stocks: Monster Wave
Shipping stocks were soaring Wednesday afternoon, far outpacing a rally in the broader market that saw the Dow rise 1.66%, the Nasdaq 2% and the S&P 1.57%.
Diana Shipping (DSX) was up 15% to $12.26 after announcing a time charter contract for one of its Panamax dry bulk carriers, the Coronis, for 11 to 13 months. Diana said it expects to generate $4.6 million for the minimum chartered period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV