Updated from 7:02 a.m. EST
When will it end? While stocks appeared ready to rebound on Tuesday, the downward pressure took hold, sending stocks down yet again in ugly fashion.
In specific stocks, Citigroup (C), which has received $45 billion in bailout cash, revealed a new foreclosure mitigation program that will temporarily lower mortgage payments for some newly laid-off homeowners. The struggling bank plans on lowering payments for three months to an average of $500 a month for some delinquent borrowers.
Meanwhile, it has been reported that General Motors (GM) is going to announce plans to buy Delphi's global steering business as part of a restructuring of both companies. Delphi, GM's largest supplier of auto parts, has been stuck in bankruptcy protection since October 2005.With this in mind, we thought we'd take a look at some of the stocks people have been searching for on TheStreet.com (including Altera (ALTR)) and see what Jim Cramer's had to say about them lately. To read more, visit Stockpickr.com. In morning trading, shares of Altera were recently trading at $16.17 (up almost 7% for the day). Plus, Frank Curzio will be on Stockpickr Answers today to respond to investing and trading questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community. Not a member? Join the Stockpickr community today -- free.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV