Once these most recent quarterly results are finalized, they will be run through TheStreet.com Ratings' model and our ratings will be adjusted accordingly. To keep up to date on all of our ratings, visit TheStreet.com Ratings Screener.
Tim Participacoes SA (TSU) reported on February 27, 2009 that its Q4 FY08 earnings spiked 65.8%, helped by steady client-base growth. Net profit increased to Brazilian Reais (R$) 299.62 million from R$180.73 million in Q4 FY07. The most recent consensus estimate was $0.05 per share.
Q4 FY08 net revenue grew 5.0% to R$3.54 billion from R$3.38 billion on growth in subscriber base and value-added services (VAS) revenue. Services revenue, accounting for 90.9% of net revenue, increased 4.0% to R$3.22 billion from R$3.10 billion. Handset revenue surged 16.5% to R$321.40 million from R$275.82 million due to a 14.0% increase in handset volumes and improved portfolio mix. Total subscriber base improved 24.5% to 150.60 million from 121.00 million. Market share declined 24.2% from 25.8% a year ago. Average revenue per user (ARPU) declined to R$29.90 from R$34.50 in the previous year's quarter, despite an increase in prepaid lines. Minutes of usage (MOU) declined to 86 from 106 and quarterly churn rate rose to 9.8% from 8.5% in Q4 FY07.TSU launched a 3G iPhone with five plans, including an SMS and data package up to 1GB. The company introduced its Natal Bonus Tarifa Zero promotion with free tariff for on-net local calls (limited to 2,000 minutes), including a handset discount of up to R$2,009. The company also launched a Natal Tim Web program under its 3G mobile broadband service to offer unlimited data plans with discounts. FY08 net income soared 163.8% to R$180.15 million from R$68.30 million. Annual net revenue increased 5.1% to R$13.08 billion from R$12.44 billion in FY07.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV