Updated from 11:21 a.m. EST DryShips (DRYS) announced updates Tuesday regarding two key ship sales.
DryShips says it has delivered the M/V Paragon to its buyers for $30.8 million, down from the original sale price of roughly $61 million. The company says it expects a gain of about $2.4 million, which will be recognized in the first quarter of 2009.
Also Tuesday, DryShips said it will retain the M/V La Jolla, which it previously had agreed to sell for $66 million. To settle a dispute with the would-be buyers, who did not take delivery of the ship, DryShips has received $9 million in aggregate compensation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV