Editor's note: This marks the debut of a new series of articles on TheStreet.com pitting two big companies against each other. today, Apple vs. Microsoft.
In this new weekly series, I'll review the head-to-head battle of products while my colleagues James Rogers and Scott Moritz will handle the equity. Today, James looks at the importance of the operating systems to the two companies' businesses.
Arch Rivals: Apple Vs. Windows
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV