The nightmare scenario for health insurers, a "Medicare for All" system like the one Representative Dennis Kucinich envisioned in his 2005 bill, could put many of these companies out of business. On the other hand, the U.S. automobile industry and other sectors consider the end of company-sponsored health care the route to international competitiveness.
The C-rated ProShares UltraShort Health Care Fund (RXD), which bets on falling stocks, advanced 17%.
Two Rydex ETFs lacked trading activity on Feb. 19, so comparable return data isn't available. But based on the funds' net asset values, the Rydex Inverse 2X S&P Select Sector Health Care ETF (RHO) gained 18%, while the bullish equivalent, Rydex 2X S&P Select Sector Health Care ETF (RHM) lost 17%. These 200% leveraged funds would have been the best- and worst-performing health-care funds last week.Until the uncertainty surrounding the health-care system is resolved, the outlook for health and biotechnology shares and the funds that hold them remains murky. For more information, check out an explanation of our ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV