Jim Cramer's Best Blogs
Mind you, that doesn't mean, "OK, go buy Procter (PG)." It doesn't mean that because the "what must" people buy doesn't mean the stocks making the stuff are cheap. The competition is fiercer than ever. The retailer and the consumer are squeezed and squeezing the suppliers. Think Wal-Mart (WMT). Think private label, like TreeHouse Foods (THS) and Ralcorp (RAH) before you think Procter & Gamble.
Whatever the government can buy less of or pay less for it will -- the latter is a new thing when it comes to President Obama. That's why UnitedHealth (UNH) and Aetna (AET) have been decimated and are going to get decimated again. That's why Genzyme (GENZ) could be in for trouble along with Amgen (AMGN) and the others that have high-priced drugs that need taxpayer support. It's why I don't trust General Dynamics (GD) or Northrop Grumman (NOC).
Many companies make useful products, but they will not survive in their current form. Too much debt. Too little cash. We will need what Terex (TEX) or Manitowic (MTW) makes for sure. But the way the companies are structured, you won't benefit.
We need cars, but we just don't need
(TM). Or at least all of them, perhaps just maybe two or three of them.
We will shop, but why must we shop at Macy's (M) or Limited (LTD) or Nieman Marcus or Target (TGT) for that matter? We have Wal-Mart.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV