Jim Cramer's Best Blogs
3. The transports have been destroyed. There is no sponsorship whatsoever, and this group goes down pretty much every day. It is frightening to people because the losses are happening so quickly.
4. Health care's been rocked by the new Medicare rules. If you look at United Health (UNH) and Humana (HUM), you will see how the stress has just caused the group to buckle. The change in the law that severely limits Medigap, the staple of Humana, is on display today writ large. I would exempt the drug stocks, but they have gigantic strong-dollar exposure -- worrisome. I would say that biotech works, and that's why Gilead's (GILD) been such a strong equity. I think that will continue, but we have to recognize that the group's been strong and Gilead's had a great run -- one that can continue, but a lot of the easy money has been made.
5. Retail is under a level of pressure I have never seen, with balance sheets stretched beyond belief. It is amazing to me how many retailers simply may not make it. The downgrade of JCPenney (JCP) today is emblematic of that. The Limited (LTD) balance sheet, the Macy's (M) balance sheet ... they are frightening. The bankruptcies here could be monumental.
6. The real estate investment trusts, once thought of as staples, are in free fall because they need financing to stay in business, and there is no financing for them. None. So as the debt needs to be rolled over, the market is downright inhospitable. Even the best of these, Simon Properties (SPG), with the best retailers, and Vornado (VNO), with the best commercial tenants, can't withstand this onslaught.7. Tech's under pressure from a million sides. When the best of the best -- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) -- tells people things have slowed dramatically, and the semiconductor industry puts out some semiconductor equipment data that's so dismal it will take your breath away, you know the group can't rally.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV