Updated from 1:30 p.m. ET
Public Storage (PSA) shares rose 8% a day after it reported a rise in operating income in the fourth quarter.
Shares were up 5.8% to $55.48 as the Glendale-Calif.-based self-storage provider reported net operating income rose $11.8 million, led by a $6.5 million increase in same-store operations.
Digital Realty Trust (DLR) shares rose 4% to $29.89 after the real estate investment trust reported a 43% rise in funds from operations. Digital had FFO of $68.9 million, or 76 cents per share, compared with $38.9 million, or 53 cents per share, a year earlier.Extra Space Storage (EXR) shares rose 1.5% to $6.27 a day after Citigroup initiated coverage on the Salt Like City company with a hold rating. Sovran Self Storage (SSS) shares lifted after the company, which operates outlets under the name Uncle Bob's Self Storage, filed a 10-K with the SEC citing its improved performance. Shares were up 0.8% to $21.18. The Buffalo, N.Y., company cited the Uncle Bob's truck move-in program, "under which, at present, 259 of our stores offer a free Uncle Bob's truck to assist our customers in moving into their spaces, and an increase in internet marketing and sales."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV