Updated from 1:30 p.m. ET
Public Storage (PSA) shares rose 8% a day after it reported a rise in operating income in the fourth quarter.
Shares were up 5.8% to $55.48 as the Glendale-Calif.-based self-storage provider reported net operating income rose $11.8 million, led by a $6.5 million increase in same-store operations.
Digital Realty Trust (DLR) shares rose 4% to $29.89 after the real estate investment trust reported a 43% rise in funds from operations. Digital had FFO of $68.9 million, or 76 cents per share, compared with $38.9 million, or 53 cents per share, a year earlier.Extra Space Storage (EXR) shares rose 1.5% to $6.27 a day after Citigroup initiated coverage on the Salt Like City company with a hold rating. Sovran Self Storage (SSS) shares lifted after the company, which operates outlets under the name Uncle Bob's Self Storage, filed a 10-K with the SEC citing its improved performance. Shares were up 0.8% to $21.18. The Buffalo, N.Y., company cited the Uncle Bob's truck move-in program, "under which, at present, 259 of our stores offer a free Uncle Bob's truck to assist our customers in moving into their spaces, and an increase in internet marketing and sales."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV