Remodel Your Home, Get a Tax Credit
Insulation: $3,000 to $7,000, depending on the size of the home and the type of insulation used. (It has to meet 2009 standards.) Also, the primary purpose of the product needs to be insulation. You can't put new siding on your home, even though it may have insulating properties, and take the credit.
Air conditioner/furnace: About $4,000 and up for a central air system, depending on the size of your home. You need to meet specific energy-saving guidelines to get this credit.
Water heater: $700 to $1,500, depending on the model and your needs. To get the credit, the new heater has to say somewhere in its documentation that it has "an energy factor of 0.82 or a thermal efficiency of at least 90%."
Solar electricity panels: $25,000 to $75,000, based on your roof size and how many watts you need. An expensive upgrade, but remember this is one that qualifies for a "super" credit. Put a $50,000 solar system on the roof this year, and you'll qualify for a credit of $15,000 on next year's tax return.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV