- The tax credit has been bumped up to 30% from 10%.
- The $200 credit cap on new windows has been taken out. (Good thing, unless you're replacing one window that's a foot square in size.)
- The maximum credit you can receive for a year has gone up from $500 to $1,500. However, if you're making expensive improvements like adding a geothermal heat pump, a solar water heater or solar power cells, you can take a credit for a full 30% of the cost.
Remodel Your Home, Get a Tax Credit
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.