- The tax credit has been bumped up to 30% from 10%.
- The $200 credit cap on new windows has been taken out. (Good thing, unless you're replacing one window that's a foot square in size.)
- The maximum credit you can receive for a year has gone up from $500 to $1,500. However, if you're making expensive improvements like adding a geothermal heat pump, a solar water heater or solar power cells, you can take a credit for a full 30% of the cost.
Remodel Your Home, Get a Tax Credit
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.