We've initiated coverage of Shinhan Financial Group (SHG), which offers various financial products and services to corporations, governments, institutions and individuals, at sell. This rating is driven by the generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
Net income decreased by 12.7% since the year-ago quarter, from $184.9 million to $161.3 million. ROE slightly decreased, implying a minor weakness in the organization. EPS improved by 15.5% year over year, and though the company has reported volatile earnings recently, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year.
Shares are down 71.2% over the past year, underperforming the S&P 500. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor, and in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV