The following ratings changes were generated on Tuesday, Feb. 24.
We've downgraded Adaptec (ADPT), which provides storage solutions to move, manage and protect data and digital content, from hold to sell. This rating is driven by the company's decline in the stock price during the past year, unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
Net income feel to -$1.3 million in the most recent quarter from $1.1 million in the year-ago quarter, significantly underperforming the S&P 500 and the computers and peripherals industry. Net operating cash flow decreased to -$4.2 million, though return on equity improved slightly, which can be construed as a modest strength. EPS declined steeply, but the consensus estimate suggests that the company's two-year trend of declining EPS should reverse in the coming year.
Shares are down 18.2% over the past year, in part reflecting the market's overall decline, which was actually deeper. We do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV