SAN FRANCISCO -- It's a sign of the current investment malaise that a news article with "iPhone" and "China" in the same headline does little to keep traders from favoring the sell button.
Two years ago, as we were all enjoying the Nasdaq's surge past 2,500 (it's now 1,100 points lower), any suggestion that a company had broken down the door to bring its services and products to the world's largest population was enough to have shareholders dreaming of immediately doubling revenue and profit.
Such is the downside to the global part of the global slowdown.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV