Ingram Micro (IM): Currently trading at 7 times trailing 12-month earnings, full-year and fourth-quarter numbers have not yet been released, so that seemingly low valuation will likely change with the release. Still, with full-year 2009 consensus estimates at $1.32, the stock trades at just 10 times forward earnings.
Furthermore, Ingram has more than $800 million in cash, nearly $5 per share, and $457 million in debt. The company currently trades at 0.64 times book value and shares are down about 9% since my November piece on the company.
Tech Data (TECD): Another tech company trading in a single digits in terms of P/E (just below 9), Tech Data is expected to earn $2.09 per share for fiscal 2010 (January), so it currently trades just above 9 times forward earnings. With net current assets of $1.41 billion, the company trades at two-thirds of its net current asset value, a number that might get Ben Graham to take a look.
Know What You Own: Other computer wholesale companies include ScanSource (SCSC), GTSI (GTSI) and INX (INXI).For more on the value of knowing what you own, visit TheStreet.com's Investing A-to-Z section. This was originally published on RealMoney on Feb. 18, 2009. For more information about subscribing to RealMoney, please click here.
Learn More About Investing With the Finance Professor on TheStreet.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV