Dan Fitzpatrick, president of stockmarketmentor.com, told Ratigan that some investors are wrong if they believe the bottom has arrived and that it's time to jump in.
Fitzpatrick, a chartologist, said it won't be until late summer that the S&P 500 intersects the 200-day moving average. He said the Nasdaq and tech is where investors want to be because the index is 12% above its November low. And he said there won't be an uptick in oil prices until there is a normal relationship between gold and oil, which is currently decoupled.
In looking at investments outside of stocks, Seymour talked about investing in metals other than gold. For ferrous metals such as iron, he recommends SPDR S&P Metals & Mining ETF (XME). For base metals, he likes Powershares DB Base Metals Fund ETF (DBB).
And for precious metals, he favors PowerShares DB Precious Metals ETF (DBP).In the rising star segment, Najarian touted Crucell (CRXL) as the a great pure play on a vaccine maker. He said the company boasts a great balance sheet, cut costs and jumped 43% in the past 52 weeks. In the final trades, Terranova was for Roche (RHHBY). Adami liked Celgene (CELG). Seymour was up for Stillwater Mining (SWC), and Najarian liked Genentech (DNA). "Check out "'Fast Money' Portfolios of the Week" on Stockpickr every Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV