4. Find the low season: Cheaper, smaller crowds, better availability. Those are some of the reasons to visit your favorite destination during its low season. While a South African safari is best during the warm months of December through March, the best time for animal viewing is June and July, when the weather is coldest and driest. You could pair a trip to Sydney during its soggy off-season with an excursion to the Great Barrier Reef, where warm weather is more affordable.
5. Cruise together: A summer cruise is one of the most affordable options for families and people traveling in a group. It's also one of the cheapest ways to experience the Mediterranean coast; most of your meals will be included and you'll only need euros on land.
6. Fly on budget airlines: EasyJet and Ryanair (RYAAY) have made it possible to go from Berlin to Barcelona for as low as 10 euros each way, plus tax. Sure, you have to wake-up at 6 a.m. and fly to secondary airports like London's Luton, but the no-frills flights make European vacations cheaper than ever.
7. Schedule strategically: If it's not a good time to be away from the office, plan your trip around weekends and holidays. It's possible to have an 11-day holiday and miss five business days if you leave the evening of May 21 and return the morning of June 1. Sure, you'll miss the Memorial Day barbecues, but your holiday will go mostly unnoticed at work.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV