Analyst Richard Bove, the colorful bank and financial services analyst known for his blunt assessments of the state of the companies he covers, is joining Rochdale Securities in Stamford, Conn.
Bove comes to Rochdale less than a year after Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services (LTS) bought his old firm, Punk Ziegel. His candor and accessibility to the media have made him a frequently quoted source in the financial press.
Rochdale Securities, a privately held institutional brokerage, said in a news release that it has been building its equity research and sales and trading platform in recent months.
"Such a prominent and respected analyst, in a sector so important to the markets these days, is a tremendous addition to Rochdale's growing platform" Rochdale President Dan Crowley said in the statement.BankAtlantic Bancorp (BBX) last year sued Bove for defamation and negligence for using the wrong data in a report speculating about the future of several banks following the collapse of IndyMac Bancorp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV