Analyst Richard Bove, the colorful bank and financial services analyst known for his blunt assessments of the state of the companies he covers, is joining Rochdale Securities in Stamford, Conn.
Bove comes to Rochdale less than a year after Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services (LTS) bought his old firm, Punk Ziegel. His candor and accessibility to the media have made him a frequently quoted source in the financial press.
Rochdale Securities, a privately held institutional brokerage, said in a news release that it has been building its equity research and sales and trading platform in recent months.
"Such a prominent and respected analyst, in a sector so important to the markets these days, is a tremendous addition to Rochdale's growing platform" Rochdale President Dan Crowley said in the statement.BankAtlantic Bancorp (BBX) last year sued Bove for defamation and negligence for using the wrong data in a report speculating about the future of several banks following the collapse of IndyMac Bancorp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV