The ING Russia Fund (LETRX) followed in second place, at 15.7%.
The Russia trade is not without risk. If the price of oil slides, earnings of Russian oil companies would suffer as foreign currency reserves are eroded.
India's year-over-year GDP was still growing at an annual pace of 7.6% in the third quarter, better than the 6.2% reading for Russia. Two India funds also made the top 10 list. The EM Capital India Gateway Fund (EMINX) returned 5.5%, while the Nomura Partners India Fund (NPIAX) earned 5.3%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV