Valentine's Day is almost here. Got the flowers? Check. Got the chocolate? Check. How about a really special travel celebration for two on the year's most romantic holiday?
Hotels at home and abroad are rolling out elaborate packages to help their best customers do it up on Feb. 14. Here are some of the most sumptuous offers we've seen:
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park: This hotel, which features magnificent views of New York harbor, is offering guests a chocolate-themed romance package. The "chocolate lover" package includes a night in a room or suite, a buffet of chocolate desserts and Champagne and a visit to the hotel's 14th floor Chocolate Bar, where guests can browse the selection of chocolate snacks and sculptures. Rooms start at $475, Friday and Saturday nights through Feb. 28.
Kahala Hotel & Resort, Honolulu: One of Hawaii's most well-appointed beachside resorts, the recently refurbished Kahala Hotel, is offering three specials. The $1,298 "lovers' weekend" includes a three-night stay, Champagne and strawberries on arrival, breakfast, and a five-course dinner of aphrodisiacs, like oysters and chocolate, at Hoku's, one of its restaurants. The $2,985 "suite for lovers" includes all of that, along with two nights in a suite and two 3 1/2-hour spa treatments. The $5,213 "ultimate lovers' weekend" throws in breakfast in bed, three nights in an ocean-view suite and a private beachside dinner. The packages are available until March 16.The Regent Bal Harbour; Bal Harbour, Florida: The "Regent romance'' package, which starts at $1,200, includes two nights of lodging and a four-course Valentine's dinner with wine parings at 1 Bleu, the hotel's fine-dining restaurant. A "bath butler" is also on hand for guests who want to soak as they snack on Champagne and chocolate. The deal is available for any two nights from Feb. 13-15.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV