Finally, many of Jim's investment recommendations are indeed nuanced and qualified. Treating every investment recommendation as the same and compiling an investment performance is, to some degree, comparing apples to oranges.
In my final analysis, individual investors are better served listening to Jim Cramer, both with regard to his recommendations and his methodology, than any other business commentator extant. His body of investment knowledge is remarkably broad and lacks the superficiality of most of his brethren.
Jim is an investment populist who, unlike many in my hedge fund cabal, has forsaken that financial rainbow for a greater cause -- namely, helping out the individual investor.
Jim is an easy target, but from my perch, he should not be vilified; he should be admired.TheStreet.com has a revenue-sharing relationship with Amazon.com under which it receives a portion of the revenue from Amazon purchases by customers directed there from TheStreet.com. Doug Kass writes daily for RealMoney Silver , a premium bundle service from TheStreet.com. For a free trial to RealMoney Silver and exclusive access to Mr. Kass's daily trading diary, please click here.
Know What You Own: Doug Kass mentions Jim Cramer's stock picks, and some of the top-performing stocks in Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS portfolio include Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Abbott Laboratories (ABT), Gilead Sciences (GILD), BP (BP), iShares FTSE/Xinhua China 25 Index (FXI), ConocoPhillips (COP) and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). For more on the value of knowing what you own, visit TheStreet.com's Investing A-to-Z section.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV