The choppiness of the Nasdaq continues. In the last 12 months, the index has traded as high as 2,551, and it is now at 1,591.7. With the low prices on numerous Nasdaq stocks, and many of these stocks being heavily shorted, it's a good time for short-squeeze opportunities.
A short squeeze takes place when short sellers quickly cover their positions on optimistic news, which can move the price of the stock up sharply. The metric for measuring short-squeeze opportunities is the short ratio, which is the number of days it would take the short-sellers to cover their positions based on recent average daily volume.
Stockpickr has reviewed the heavily shorted Nasdaq stocks and compiled a list of the Top Nasdaq Short-Squeeze Plays for February.
To read more, visit Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV