Regulatory Capital Categories for Banks and S&Ls
Adjusted tangible assets: Average quarterly total assets less disallowed items, including goodwill, servicing assets, deferred tax assets, and other. Further adjustments are made for institutions with financial subsidiaries.
Risk-based capital: The sum of tier-1, tier-2 and tier-3 capital, with deductions for some subsidiaries and international holdings.
Risk-weighted assets: The total of four risk-weighted categories. Cash, U.S. government securities, and other low-risk assets have a 0% weighting. Other securities and loans are carry weightings of 20%, 50% or 100%, depending on guidelines based on issuer type, agency ratings, loan collateral and loan performance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV