Updated from 8:00 a.m. EST
Just the fear that a company won't raise its dividend is enough to cause a stock to drop. Look at what happened to Allstate (ALL) last week. The homeowners and automobile insurance company had its biggest drop in the last three months after the company stated that, due to its latest quarterly loss, it might end its 14-year track record of raising its dividend.
Fortunately, more than a dozen companies were doing well enough to bump up their dividend last week, including TransAlta (TAC). Stockpickr has reviewed the list of dividend declarations and compiled a portfolio of the top dividend-increasers for the week.
To read more, visit Stockpickr.com.In Monday trading, shares of TransAlta closed at $17.93 (down 1.65% for the day; down 10.39% year-to-date).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV